HOME | SITEMAP | CONTACT US
For Planning Department Inquiries, Call:
The Planning Board meets regularly on the 1st Thursday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Smithfield Town Hall. Application deadline is the 1st Friday in each month.
The Planning Board acts in an advisory capacity to the Town Council in the matter of guiding and accomplishing a coordinated and harmonious development of the area within the Town jurisdiction. The Planning Board responsibilities include:
• Make studies of the town and ETJ and present recommendations to the Town Council;
• Develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner;
• Prepare and recommend ordinances promoting orderly development as guided by the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan;
• Amend and revise the comprehensive plan for the physical, social, and economic development of the Town and ETJ and present recommendations to the Town Council for consideration;
• Review development proposals for conformance with Town Ordinances and the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan and make recommendations to the Town Council;
• Keep the Town Council and the general public informed and advised on Planning Board matters.
• Provide administration and enforcement for carrying out plans as directed by the Town Council;
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Town Council.
The Planning Board consists of 10 members; 8 from within the corporate limits of the Town, appointed by the Town Council, and 2 members from within extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ), appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Board members are appointed for 3 year terms.
Mark Lane- Vice-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Daughtry email@example.com
Michael Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Alisa Bizzell email@example.com
Ashley Spain firstname.lastname@example.org Debbie Howard email@example.com Doris Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Helmer is the staff contact for the Planning Department and can be reached by telephone at (919) 934-2116 ext. 1112 or by email at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 761, Smithfield, NC 27577
350 East Market Street
Smithfield, NC 27577
Main Phone: 919-934-2116
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Email Public Information Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report Website Issues: email@example.com
Copyright © 2016 - Smithfield, North Carolina.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM